Friday 5 April 2013

Shopping for Spring, Living in Winter - March Haul


So I guess this is a couple of days late, but the way the weather is at the moment it feels like we're still in December so really I'm 6 months early!
I feel like I've done quite a lot of shopping this month considering I'm on a constant budget. I'm not sure where I got the funds for any of this (thank you Student Loan Fairy)

Even though I moved to Norwich over 6 months ago I'm still getting used to the ridiculously hard water which turns my hair into a huge frizzball (think Anne Hathaway in Princess Diaries pre-makeover). I've been looking for products to help with this and the lovely shop assistant in Boots recommended John Frieda Frizz-Ease Original Formula Hair Serum.
 I've used it pretty much everyday this month and I love it! A little more greasy than I would like but you only need to use a tiny bit for awesome results! Dead chuffed! 
On the same hair vein I also bought L'Oreal Studio Matt and Messy Salt Spray. I was convinced to buy this by my friend Josie (www.josiegoestravelling.blogspot.co.uk) namely because it was on 2 for 1 and she didn't want to pay full price. Whatever the reason I really like it - restores any of the bounce that the serum drags out of my hair. Also I love the matt finish - I find super glossy hair a bit odd looking. 
Whilst in Boots I also picked up Rimmel London's Lasting Finish in 700 Block Your Green. I've used this a couple of times and I lurrrrve the colour! I really nice dark green with the just the hint of sparkle.

The last thing I bought in Boots this month was Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Anti-Aging Smoothing Lotion and oh my god I am obsessed with this! I use it when I come out of the shower on stretch or dark marks and it genuinely makes a noticeable difference! It smells like delicious Terry's Chocolate Orange AND it's non-greasy - perfecto!


This month I went to Forever 21 on Oxford Street. I'd never been to F21 before so I got way overexcited and tried on practically everything. In the end I only bought two things in the sale. First was a lovely turquoise jumper in a cable knit. It's nice and thin so should be good for the spring. I think it was about £7.99. I also bought an oversized dip-dye t-shirt! I really liked this because usually dip-dye goes from bottom to top but this goes from side-to-side (I am very easily impressed). Again it's really thin so should be good for
summer - I think it'll look nice tucked into shorts.

I'm totally obsessed with button up shirts at the moment and spotted this little number in Primark for £12. I absolutely LOVE it the pattern is adorable plus who doesn't like a good rhinestoned collar. This photo doesn't show it very well but I posted a photo of it on my Instagram a while ago if you're really desperate to see it! Since I bought it I've seen dupes in Topshop and New Look and they've all been way more expensive! Glad I got the bargain!


So have you bought anything this month? Written a blogpost? Link me - I love seeing what other people are into!

(p.s Sorry for the mega long post - I promise it'll only be once a month)

No comments:

Post a Comment