Monday 3 December 2012

23 days to go| Decorations

I think I might have a problem - I'm obsessed with Christmas decorations. Last week I was put in charge of buying the Christmas decorations for our flat, safe to say our kitchen is now covered in tinsel, lights and snowflakes. 

For me, it's not a Christmas decoration unless it's really tacky, glittery and screams kitsch but I know this is not an opinion that everyone shares (some of my flatmates were not so happy about the excess of glittery tinsel being strewn across the windows!). So in this post I tried to tone down the tackiness of the decorations I picked. I really love the Paper Lanterns from DotComGiftShop (which is a great place to check out if your struggling to find gifts) I can imagine them looking really cute in the porch outside my house. Also, I thought the Marks and Sparks paper balls looked really vintagey-chic, my mum's actually been making these recently so I was amazed to see them online as well! The little box is a little unclear but they're totally cute little reindeer party lights. Really kitsch and hideous! I saw these for the first time on SprinkleOfGlitters Christmas haul video which is worth checking out if you're looking for more decoration ideas...
L-R Paper Lantern, DotComGiftShop. Snowflake Rotary Candle, Sass & Belle. Santa Washing Line, Debenhams.  Be Merry Sign, Debenhams. Glass Robots, Paperchase. Conran Range Paper Balls, Marks and Spencers. Sparkly Robins, Paperchase. Reindeer Party Lights, Baker and Maker

No comments:

Post a Comment