Tuesday 5 March 2013

Rihanna For River Island

L-R Rihanna wears - Split Side Maxi and Double Top Straight Jeans with Cropped T-Shirt 
Last night Rihanna officially launched her collection for River Island and like the lady herself it is the perfect mixture of grunge and glam - I am definitely a fan. The cuts and shapes of the line are definitely rooted in the 90s (check out that denim shirt skirt below) but the collection has a very dark colour base (with the occasional pop of bright yellow) which I think brings it fully up to 2013. Overall I really like the line! I think the cuts are really interesting, especially the use of knotting as seen in the yellow dress below and the knotted vest. Also, as an extremely vertically challenged individual, this may be one of the only times I've looked at a maxi skirt and thought I could work it with my wardrobe! 

My favourite pieces from the line are the the Double Top Jeans (as modeled by Ri-Ri herself above) and the dipped hem stripped shirt! The shirt is an obvious choice for me, I'm an absolute sucker for all things dipped hemmed and button uppable but the Jeans are like nothing else I would usually pick! I think it's because they're so incredibly 90s I wouldn't feel out of place strutting onto the Saved By The Bell set in them, but at the same time the straight leg and turn up keeps them really up to date. Whatever it is...I want them! 

Overall I'm really impressed by Rihanna for River Island - it doesn't feel gimmiky or over-branded like some other celeb lines *cough Kardashians for Dorothy Perkins cough*. It feels like it has definite shelf-life and could go a long way! 

L-R Black Crop with Black Split Maxi Skirt / Grey Crop with Grey Split Maxi Skirt / Yellow Tie Dress / Denim Shirt Skirt
Some of my favourites....
Top - Black Trucker Boots £95 / Cropped White T-Shirt £20 / Black and White Shirt £45
Bottom - Black and White Tank £20 / Knot Vest £18 / Roll Sleeve Tank £20
So what do you think of the collection? Love or loathe? Favourite items? I'd love to hear what you think...

No comments:

Post a Comment