Friday 22 February 2013

Make It Highstreet | 2013 BAFTAs

I've recently been without computer so sorry that this is a million years late but y'know...thought that counts! Now I don't know about you but when it rains my hair gets remarkably frizzy, my mascara always runs and I slap on the most miserable face you've ever seen! Obviously actors and actresses are made of sterner stuff than me - they all braved the rain, donned the dresses and looked gorgeous (well some of them anyway)! Lots of bright dresses on show with Marion Cotillard in Dior looking like a little ray of sunshine on a horrible London day. I loved Jessica Chastain's mermaid-esque Roland Mouret dress, especially styled with such classic Hollywood hair. Vamp was the order of the day with Jessica Lawrence in Christian Dior, dark make-up and very sleek swept back hair and Thandie Newton in Louis Vuitton. Of course there was also a lot of black dresses on show as is the way with these things, my girl Anne Hathaway (we're destined to be best friends I just know it) looking stunning in embellished black Burberry and pop of pink lipstick.
There weren't any dresses that were a major miss for me. I feel Sarah Jessica Parker tried to step out of her comfort zone with an Ellie Saab jumpsuit but it just ended up looking a bit to casual, not as stand out as we're used to from her. Also, I'm not sure about Paloma Faith's whole look, the dress was pretty but the hair just made it feel a bit try hard and over-the-top...

Thandie Newton in Louis Vuitton / Lace Maxi Dress, ASOS, £70

Laura Bailey in Roksanda Illincic / Crossover Lace Maxi, Boohoo, £25
Kelly Brook Jumpsuit, New Look, £20, Sarah Jessica Parker wears Elie Saab

No comments:

Post a Comment