Sunday 24 February 2013

Make It Highstreet | Grammys 2013

They seem like a lifetime ago but I am finally catching up with the award ceremonies! Whilst poor film stars had to brave a mulchy, damp red carpet, music's finest were sunning themselves at the 2013 Grammy Awards. Best dressed of the evening for me had to go to the predictably gorgeous Rihanna Alaia - definitely obeying the no boobs or bum rule she looked beyond sophisticated and stunning!  I also loved the contrasting looks coming from the Knowles sisters; Beyonce looked effortlessly classy in a black and white Osman jumpsuit whereas Solange looked the epitome of Diana Ross-esque glamour in green Ralph & Russo Couture. I can't even tell you how happy I was to see Adele in something that wasn't black...maybe she's finally taken my tips! Although I wasn't a massive fan of her Valentino Couture the pop of colour looked great! As is the way with the Grammys there were a couple of eccentric looks, Katy Perry showed off more than just her musical ability in a keyhole Gucci gown, but I guess if you've got it, flaunt it! Florence Welch was back to her irregular choices in a Givenchy gown, covered in not only sequins but also huge spikes! I'm not sure how I feel about this dress, we're so used to seeing Florence float in ethereal numbers that this one just felt a little to harsh for me.
Also, shout out to the men who were looking dapper! Justin Timberlake in Tom Ford, Maroon 5, Neil Patrick Harris and John Legend - I dip my hat to all of you!

Florence Welch in Givency / Green Sequin Maxi, ASOS, £41

Katy Perry shows off her assets in Gucci / Mint cut-out Bodycon, boohoo.com, £25

Chrissy Teigen in Joy Cioci / Cross-waist Maxi, boohoo.com, £25

Rihanna stuns in Alaia / Lace drape dress, Miss Selfridge £25 / Mango Silk Maxi, ASOS, £134.99 

No comments:

Post a Comment