Monday 14 January 2013

Make It Highstreet | Golden Globes 2013

So Golden Globes were last night and there really were a lot of big names on show! As with the People's Choice Awards there were some dresses I adored and some that fell a little flat (I'm looking at you Miss. Sienna Miller). I've always liked Lea Michele's style but I think with her excellent choice for the People's Choice Awards and the stunning white Ellie Saab dress she wore for the GG she's really coming into her own style! Jennifer Garner, Zooey Deschanel and Claire Danes co-ordinated with the red carpet gloriously in red gowns by Vivienne Westwood, Oscar de la Renta and Versace. Winner and my favourite actress ever Anne Hathaway looked amazing in classic white Chanel (and the short hair is stunning...I love it even if she doesn't)
There were some misses of course. Lucy Lui looked swamped by her Carolina Herrera gown; too much pattern, too much dress, too much everything! I could see where Kelly Osbourne was going with her Zac Posen fishtail gown but it didn't really do it for me. And Sienna Miller...I can't even look you in the eye that Erdem dress is one of the most hideous dresses I've ever seen, an example of how to make a gorgeous woman look beyond awful!

On a sidenote, Adele I am begging you please stop wearing the same black dress! We all know it looks great but please invest in some Burgundy or Dark Green!!!

Claire Danes wearing Versace, Halter Dress from Asos £40


Tina Fey wears L'ren Scott, Lipsy Lace Dress from Asos £55


Marion Cotillard in Dior, Talia split-side Maxi from Boohoo.com £20

Rachel Weisz wearing Louis Vuitton, Taya Dress by Topshop £20

No comments:

Post a Comment