Monday 7 January 2013

Review | Maybelline Fit Me Foundation

I recently signed up for the Maybelline newsletters. This was probably one of the biggest mistakes I've ever made because now I get monthly emails reminding me of all the lovely make-up that I can not afford. Pair that with the fact that I am an absolute sucker for press-release drivvle and it was only a matter of time til I bought Maybelline Fit Me Foundation.


Apparently this foundation was going to offer me "coverage that looks and feels 100% me", it goes "beyond matching: fresh, breathing, natural skin". I have no idea what any of that means but I have such trouble finding a foundation to match my skin that it sounded perfect. I bought mine in Boots for about £7 in Shade 115 (ivory). My skin is a bit of an awkward colour to match - safe to say I was devastated about it being labelled as 'Ivory'

Swatch of FitMe in shade 115 (Ivory)
The foundation is nice, it offers good coverage and hides blemishes really well. Also it's good for use under your eyes if you've been partying a bit too hard this January. The downside is the colour. I don't really understand what makes this any different to normal foundation and it is a little bit difficult to blend into your skin (however it does blend nicely with my concealer.) I have had a few awkward occasions where it's left orange streaks on my face...I wasn't expecting to look tangoed with an ivory foundation but ho hum. I've been using an E.L.F foundation brush to apply it (which I love) but I think I might have to give it a go with a foundation sponge...
Really bad quality photo of what it looks like on (apologies I only have my iPhone camera at the moment...)
So have you tried FitMe? Do you like it? Do you hate it? Any advice on how I can get rid of the awkward streaks?

No comments:

Post a Comment