Monday 28 January 2013

Make It Highstreet | Screen Actor's Guild Award 2013

I have decided that whilst there is someone as flawless and beautiful as Anne Hathaway in existence I may as well just go into hibernation. Last night she rocked the SAG Awards in a stunning black, Giambattisa Valli gown. With minimal styling (apart from a classic red lip) and a lush pair of Jimmy Choo's - Anne has got this awards malarky down to a tee! I was pleasantly surprised by most of the dresses at the SAG Awards, there weren't really any that disgusted me just some I wasn't so sure about. But first, the good! Nina Dobrev took a leaf out of Lea Michele's book in a hot pink Elie Saab dress which highlighted her crazily skinny frame. Lea Michele also went for hot pink in Valentino, for me personally the length was a bit long and almost aged her but the colour is great on her! Amanda Seyfried looked just as stunning as her Les Mis co-star in a navy Zac Posen strapless gown, I loved the jewellery she wore with this very old school Hollywood. And can I just take a moment to mention my new style crush, Marion Cotillard who went for another slightly out of the box dress this time by Dior and of course looked stunning! I love the dresses she wears to these events she always looks so different and memorable!
As I said there weren't many dresses I detested really just some I wasn't totally sure of. Naya Rivera opted for a sheer paneled Donna Karan dress. Whilst it could have been totally sexy, for some reason it just fell a little short of the mark for me. Leather gowns also featured highly with Jane Lynch (I can't find out who this dress was by) and Julia Bowen in Johanna Johnson, all over leather is never the most flattering look and these ladies are no different. On a last note, I wasn't a fan of Sofia Vegara's make up, a bit too heavy, but the Donna Karan dress and $1 million worth of Neil Lane jewellery more than made up for it...
Anne Hathaway stuns in Giambattista Valli / Cut Out Dip Dress, New Look, £28

Kaley Cuoco in Romona Keveza / Lace Skater Dress,  boohoo.com, £20
Mayim Bialik / Cobalt Lace Dress, Miss Selfridge, £25
Maria Menounos wears Randi Rahms / Cowl Back Midi, Asos, £28

No comments:

Post a Comment