Thursday 24 October 2013

Make It Hightstreet | Halloween Idols - Morticia Addams

Heyaaa,

As I've said in previous posts, I've got a bit of a soft spot for halloween. So I thought this year I'd do a little mini-series of posts for the week leading up to the ghostly day focussing on those fashionistas that lurk among the classic halloween costumes. Taking their signature look and making them a bit more day to day and a bit more achievable.


First of my halloween idols is the first lady of creep herself, Morticia Addams. Morticia's clothes might seem a bit dated and dreary but I think she personifies halloween glamour. I try to wear a lot of black so for me this character is perfect. Her outfit choices are so interesting considering she has such a limited palette choice. The layering is perfect for the winter, it's too cold for a dress but whack on a detailed cardigan or cover-all and problem solved! Plus chunky rings and over-zealous accessories are always a winner in my book, especially in the winter when I always feel like my wardrobe has got a little bit drab.

Moriticia's outfits probably are a bit too costume-y for day to day wear but her make-up could definitely be used as inspiration for a night-out look. A dark smokey eye and classic red lip are a go-to look and there's about 1000 tutorials online for them (maybe don't mention the Addams family if someone compliments you on how glam you look...). I've included GOSH black eyeshadow just because I used to love doing a super simple smokey eye with it and Kate Moss lipstick because they're just awesome!


 Rimmel London Kate Lasting Finish in 001 // Black Lace Maxi, New Look // Black Gem Cocktail Ring, River Island // Velvet Maxi Skirt, Boohoo.com // Fortune Teller Rose Quartz Necklace, Shop Dixi // Zelda Multistone Amulet Ring, Shop Dixi // GOSH Eyeshadow in 006 Black // The Shredder Crop, Black Milk Clothing

So who are your glamorous halloween idols? What are you dressing up as this year? Lemme know...

No comments:

Post a Comment