Sunday 12 January 2014

Make it highstreet | People's Choice Awards 2014

Helllo!

So it's award's season hurrrah!! Award's season is my third favourite season of the year - following Christmas season and birthday season and way above exam season! It all kicked off to a leisurely start with the People's Choice Awards. I'll be honest the People's Choice are never my favourite award season...mainly because I don't really understand the point of them. But any excuse to lust over pretty shoes and men in tuxs is a winner with me.

I wasn't blown away by the dresses on show but there were definitely some that caught my eye. My winner of the night had to be Naya Rivera. Every morning I wake up a little sadder that I do not look like her - the woman is a goddess and she looked beyond goddess in a gorgeous Michael Kors block mullet dress. Honourable mention has to go to Anna Faris for breaking the red carpet mould and going for a chic Naeem Khan trouser suit. I love it when leading ladies get away from the stereotypical dresses.

There were some lovely pops of colour on the red carpet too, a lovely counteraction to the miserable grey skies we've been seeing at the moment. Jillian Rose stood out in her lovely coral dress and Lucy Hale really brought that summer vibe in a Gabriela Cadena floral piece. Jennifer Hudson, who pretty much always looks awesome, shone in a form fitting and gathered white dress by Kaufman Franco.

Of course there's always some dresses you're not going to love. Heidi Klum was way way overdressed in Armani for what I always think of as one of the more 'casual' award ceremonies. For me, Kat Denning's rose patterned dress by David Meister Signature was just a little too old fashioned especially when compared to her co-host Beth Behrs who was looking really great in Guilietta monochrome. There's something about Kat Denning's style that just doesn't suit my palette...I honestly think it might be because I went to school with a really annoying girl who looked just like her. Fickle I know!

So if you wanna create your own little red carpet at home I've found a few dupe-like things on the highstreet. I know it's January and we all got no place to go...but we can still get all dressed up!

Hope you like these! What was your favourite red carpet dress? Are you excited about award season?


L-R: Naya Rivera looking hot to trot in Michael Kors // Block Dress, Asos, £82.50
L-R: Bandeau Midi Dress, Missguided, £29.99 // Jessica Alba in Jason Wu // Zip Front Skater, Asos, £55
L-R: Crochet Collar Dress, USC, £26 // Sara Bareilles looking preppy in Jill Stuart // Lace Collar Dress, Littlewoods, £29
Pu Leather Dress, Nelly.com, £39.95 // Shaun Robinson rocks texture mix // Leather Skater Dress, Dorothy Perkins, £32.99


No comments:

Post a Comment