Friday 10 January 2014

Not so knot? | Review - Tangle Teezer

Hello,


If you've ever caught a glimpse of my hair (perhaps in my hair dye post or in an OOTD) you may have noticed it's a tad on the curly side. By that I mean it's pretty much out of control. My mum calls it my "dog hair" because it grows in thick, knotted layers like a dog's waterproof coat does.

Well, with bad hair comes great responsibility. A responsibility I am extremely reluctant to take on and I will admit I am the worst curly haired owner in the world. I really neglect it, I don't use the right kind of products or even bother to brush it because whenever I try it turns into a massive task and I end up hating it.

This Christmas I think my mum got fed up of it looking a scraggly mess, so she gave my step-dad strict orders to buy me a Tangle Teezer for Christmas - The Original one in an alarming traffic cone orange shade. I remember when these first emerged on the highstreet years and years ago and I've been meaning to try one for a while. In case you're not familiar with the Tangle Teezer it's a kind of revolutionary hairbrush. It promises to detangle and glossy hair without any tugging, pulling or yanking.


I was so excited about using the Tangle Teezer, especially after all the great reviews I'd heard, but to be honest it left me a little bit meh. The first time I used it it tugged on my hair a lot, admittedly not as bad as a normal comb would but still enough. My hair is less knotted than it used to be however I still can't run my hands through it without getting stuck on knots. I understood that with hair as mental as mine it might take a little while to get used to but considering I've used it everyday since Christmas I expected slightly more progress.

Another slight problem I've had with the brush is when to use it. This may be very specific to us curly haired lasses but I for one cannot brush my hair when it's dry without ending up looking like Cousin Itt from the Addams Family (not the look I'm going for). This means I have to use the brush as soon as I get out of the shower when my hair is still very wet. Then as my hair dries...it gets knotted again. Has anyone else had this problem or is it just my bizarre locks?


Overall I wouldn't say the Tangle Teezer is a bad brush at all and I bet if you have straight or wavy hair it'd work a treat. The amount of gleeful reviews I've read means it must work for some people. But, like most hair products it seems, it doesn't work nearly as well for thick or curly hair.

I'm definitely going to keep using it and hopefully one day I'll have flippy hair like one of those ladies in the shampoo adverts. If I suddenly have a eureka moment with it I'll definitely write another post.

Have you used the Tangle Teezer? Did you like it or did you have a few teething (geddit?...comb...teeth...just me?) problems with it too? 

No comments:

Post a Comment