Thursday 30 January 2014

Make It Highstreet | Screen Actor's Guild Awards 2014

Hellllo,

Blimey so behind schedule with the award season it is actually ridiculous! Many, many moons ago it was the Screen Actor's Guild Awards which saw Hollywood's finest get out there and strut their stuff down the red carpet. For some reason I always really like the SAG awards, I just think people always dress really well for them and this year was no different really. 

There were some truly lovely pieces on show and I felt like there was a bit of a tie for best dressed. Lupita Nyongo'o carried on her dress success in a gorgeous turquoise Gucci piece. The colour looked absolutely amazing on her and I really loved the statement neckline. My gal J-Law was also back to her rightful place on the best dressed look. I haven't been loving her choices this award season but this Christian Dior gown made her look like sequinned perfection. 

I love a good sequin and there were plenty on show. Claire Danes looked shimmied in big Vionnet sequins and Sofia Vegara looked hot hot hot in Donna Karan. She does hollywood sexy so well - I love her style! 

Also worth a mention is Isla Fischer who looked so sexy and classic in Bulgari. She rocked her Jessica Rabbit hair and looked like proper timeless hollywood. 

And then there were the others. Oops. Worst dressed of the night for me was Jennifer Garner. She usually keeps things so simple and classy and it looks great but I felt like her MAX MARA gown was totally underwhelming. Also Mariah Carey did what Mariah Carey does and wore a minuscule mini-dress. Classic mimi but me no likey.
Red Halter, ShopBop, £62.60 // Holly Hunter // Keyhole Wrap Dress, ASOS, £28
Pink Split-leg jumpsuit, In Love With Fashion, £23 // Julia Roberts wears Valentino // Pink Jumpsuit, Miss Selfridges, £42
High Neck Crop Top, Boohoo, £8 // Kerry Washington pairs Prada and Harry Winston // Full Midi Skirt, Boohoo, £12
Mindy Kaling wears David Meister // Blue Crossover with Gold Belt, Isme, £39

No comments:

Post a Comment